a December 10, 2014 |
f rkrucek |
b 0 comments
Winter is here in Syracuse and Central New York! Before the temperatures drop even lower, homeowners should make sure that their home is completely prepared for the cold and storms. Check out these tips on how to winterize your home, so you can rest assured this winter that you and your family are prepared!
How to winterize your home:
. If you notice any water leaking inside, outside, or around your home, resolve these issues as soon as possible.
. Clear any fallen leaves and other debris out of your gutters. Blocked gutters can lead to water damage in your home, since they restrain water and snow from draining properly.
. Add more insulation to your attic and basement. As a rule, you should have a minimum of 12 inches of insulation in your attic.
. Have your chimney cleaned and inspected before your first use of the season.
. Get your furnace inspected to help you avoid any issues or even fires that can occur. If your furnace is old, consider replacing it with a newer model. New furnaces and other appliances are more energy efficient, and can sometimes qualify you for discounted homeowner’s insurance premiums!
Don’t get overwhelmed wondering how to winterize your home properly; it’s easier than you think. Follow these simple steps as these can help keep your home safe and warm this winter!
a November 13, 2014 |
f rkrucek |
b 0 comments
How Do You Get the Most for Your Money? 11 Ways to Save Money on Your Car Insurance…
So you’re shopping around for auto insurance. What do you need to know? Well, there are lots of ways – at least 11 – that you can save money. Many of these money-saving ideas may apply to you.
1. One Insurer, Multiple Policies – Do you have a homeowners or renters insurance policy? If so, is it with the same insurance company that provides your auto insurance? If the answer is no, you’re paying too much – for both policies. Almost every insurance company that sells auto insurance wants its policyholders to also buy homeowners or renters insurance from that company.
These insurers offer so-called multi-policy discounts. Usually, these discounts are at least 10% and some insurers apply the discounts to both the auto and the homeowners/renters policy.
* Tip. Talk to your agent about multi-policy discounts.
2. Good Driver, Good Price? – It’s no secret that the better your driving record, the less you will pay for auto insurance. But did you know that most people qualify as “good drivers” and are eligible for discounted premiums? Some good drivers pay a lot more than others, however.
Many auto insurers are actually a collection of several insurance companies in which each caters to a certain type of driver. The worst drivers go in one company, the best in another, and a lot of people wind up in one of the middle companies.
These middle people pay less than the worst drivers, but more than the best. The thing is, many of these middle people have driving records that are just as good as those who are insured by the companies that offer the lowest rates. Yet these middle people are paying more. Why?
The usual reason is that they don’t know any better. No one told them which insurance company in the group had the best prices. And, probably, no one told them there was even a group of insurance companies. If you have a spotless driving record, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be paying the lowest price a group of insurance companies has to offer.
* Tip. Make sure you’re getting the best discount for your driving record. Talk to your agent. And remember, be a safe driver. It will save you money.
3. The Beauty of the Bus (or Other Mass Transit) – Do you drive to and from work? If you do, you are literally paying a premium to do so. Insurance companies charge you significantly higher premiums if you drive to work. And, the longer your commute (in miles, not minutes), the higher the premium.
* Tip. Some drivers should consider mass transit. Yes, there’s a price there, too. But you will reap the savings of gas and lower insurance costs.
Read the rest…
a February 21, 2014 |
f rkrucek |
b 0 comments
Boat Insurance Rates
When the days are clear and the weather is warm, we know that the first idea that enters your mind is to take your boat out and cruise your local waterway, go fishing or take out the water-skis and spend a relaxing day with the family or friends. Your boat allows you to get away from all the stress and pressure of the mainland. Whatever you use your boat for; we know it must be pretty difficult to picture your life without it. At Donigan Insurance, we make sure that you enjoy your time on the water, without having to worry about what would happen if something went wrong. Donigan Insurance will customize an affordable watercraft insurance policy for your boat, and provide you with the best watercraft insurance protection available. We understand the differences between types of boats and can tailor an greater Syracuse area insurance policy for your power boat, sailing boat, or commercial fishing boat.
New York Boat insurance is very similar to car insurance. Many of the same options and choices you have for your auto insurance policy will be presented to you for your boat insurance.